DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
Below we inform you about the collection of your personal data when using this website.
Responsible for data processing:
Dharma Funding Solutions GmbH
Am Leopoldsgrund 20, 8055 Graz, Austria
+43 677 625 79 882
Dharma Funding Solutions ("DFS") provides a marketing platform that allows clients to reach their customers, to understand how their customers interact with those communications and other content, and to customize marketing based on their customers' interests.
However, this policy does not apply to the information that our clients import into our Services, such as the email addresses of your customers or business contacts ("Contact Data") or to the end users, customers, or business contacts to whom that Contact Data may belong. For additional information about the use of Contact Data in connection with our Services, please consult our Terms of Service, available at https://www.activecampaign.com/terms-of-service/.
Collection of Information
The types of personal information that ActiveCampaign collects will depend on the nature of your dealings with us.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, make a purchase, participate in a contest or promotion, communicate with us via third party social media sites, interact with a message board, apply for a job, request customer support, use our platform or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include: (1) identifiers, such as your full name, phone number, email address, postal mail address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, (2) commercial information, such as records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, (3) professional or employment-related information such as company name, company payment information, and business contact information (e.g., business phone number, address, or email); and (4) any other information you choose to provide.
Information About Your Use of the Services
We collect information about your use of the Services, such as the ways in which you use our platform, the way you respond to us when we send you emails or communications or your preferences when you interact with our Services.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information:We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, your general location and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Transactional Information: When you make a purchase, we collect information about the transaction, such as purchase details, purchase price, and date and location of the transaction. We or a designated third party may collect payment and credit card information when you subscribe to our paid services or purchase additional services.
- Device Information:We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address. We may also infer information about your email and contact preferences based on how you respond to our communications with you, what information you find helpful, and what type of communication language most resonates with you.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to social media sites, credit bureaus, data enrichment providers, fraud prevention vendors and partners, and publicly available sources. Additionally, if you create or log into your account through a third-party site, we may have access to certain information from that site, which could include information such as your name, account information, and other information you make available, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party site.
Integrations with Other Services
You may have the option of integrating our Services with other services, technologies or platforms on your desktop, permitted websites and/or your mobile phone. For example, we may offer you widgets that have countdowns to various launches as well as the opportunity to connect the Services with other third-party services that you use in your business. These integrations may require you to input information about you or result in the disclosure of information about you from the Services to a third party, or cause the Services to receive information about you from a third party with whom you instruct us to integrate. These integrations may (i) check for updates automatically and transmit your information to their server and/or engine; (ii) send information entered into or accessed by the technology to its server and/or engine; (iii) be visible to the public if embedded on publicly available webpages (such as social networking webpages); or (iv) transmit information about you to or from the Services, depending on the policies of that website. Please note that when you enable an integration between the Services and a third party, any information about you that is transmitted to a third party will be subject to the policies and procedures of that third party and not of ActiveCampaign.
Connecting Your Email Account
Should you choose to connect your email account to our platform, you will be using a set of features built using technology from Nylas, Inc. By signing up or using the Nylas application, you understand and agree that Nylas, Inc. and its affiliates who provide Nylas ("Nylas"), will have access to your information and will be permitted to use that information for specific, limited purposes to provide the Services to you, in accordance with our agreement with Nylas. This integration is a completely optional service and is not required to use our platform.
You have the option of integrating aspects of your Google email metadata with your account through our integration with Nylas. We will ask for your consent to connect your Google account to your ActiveCampaign account. This step is optional but can be very valuable in helping you to make the best use of our platform by tracking your interactions with your leads and customers.
When you connect your Google account with the ActiveCampaign platform through Nylas, we will have access to certain information such as the email meta headers (sender, recipient, and date), the email message body and subject line ("Google Data").
We only process Google Data you make available to us through this integration in order to provide the Service to you and to improve the Services, consistent with Google's Limited Use Requirements. We do not independently access the Google Data ourselves unless we first obtain your consent to view the Google Data (e.g., to provide you with tech support), we need to do so for internal security purposes, to comply with applicable law, or where the data is fully aggregated and anonymized for internal use purposes and cannot be used to identify you or your email recipients.
In addition, we will only transfer the Google Data to others if necessary to provide or improve user-facing features that are prominent in the Services, to comply with applicable laws, or as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets. We also do not use Google Data for advertising purposes.
At any time, you can disconnect your Google account and delete this data in your account or by reaching out to firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting that it be deleted.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain and improve our Services, such as to administer your account and to provide you with insights to help you optimize your use of our platform.
We may also use the information we collect to:
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you transaction-related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by ActiveCampaign and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our services;
- Audit related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including but not limited to, counting ad impressions of unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors impairing existing intended functionality;
- Undertake internal research for technical development and demonstration;
- Undertake activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service owned, manufactured for, or controlled by ActiveCampaign, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service owned, manufactured for, or controlled by ActiveCampaign;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of ActiveCampaign and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards; and
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations.
Sharing of information
We often need to engage other companies and individuals to help us operate and provide the Services. This includes our related bodies corporate, vendors and service providers (such as learning management platforms and analytics and security providers) who have only limited access to information about you, may use such information only to perform these tasks on our behalf, and are obligated to us not to disclose or use information about you for other purposes. Note that any sharing of information as described in this section does not apply to Contact Data.
- With related bodies corporate, vendors, consultants and service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, payment processing, fraud detection and prevention, and customer service support providers;
- If you post content in a public area of our Services, we share this information publicly on our Services;
- If you choose to use integrations we offer on our Services or to otherwise integrate third party products with our Services, such as connecting your email account to our platform or integrating an ecommerce account with our Services, we may share certain information with the integration partners or as directed by you through the integration you enable (See our "Integrations with Other Services" section for more information);
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of ActiveCampaign or others;
- With our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among ActiveCampaign and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
In addition, we may share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. Please also see our "Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others" section below.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We also use Google Analytics within our services. For more information on how Google may use personal information about you, see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ for more information.
Please note: If you choose to opt-out of interest-based advertising, you may continue to see or receive online advertising, but such ads may not be as relevant to you.
We also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third-party platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn). As part of these ad campaigns, we or the third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
In order to provide you with the Services you subscribe to or that you request from us, information about you may be transferred to ActiveCampaign locations in the United States, Australia, and Ireland as well as countries where our service providers may be based. In some cases, information about you may be transferred to or accessed from other countries, including when you consent and allow us to do so, where it is required in order for us to provide Services to you and when we need to do so to provide functions like product support, troubleshooting and gaining insights into the usage patterns of our Services. When information about you is transferred to countries other than your home country, you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law. Any international transfers of such information will be done in accordance with applicable law.
Data Transfer Agreements
One of the mechanisms we use to help provide protection for the transfer of personal data to countries outside of your home country is through a series of intercompany agreements. If you are in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), the United Kingdom ("UK") or Switzerland, this will be based on the Standard Contractual Clauses authorized under European Union law. You can find a copy of the Standard Contractual Clauses at the following link: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/model-contracts-transfer-personal-data-third-countries_en.
EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield
In connection with ActiveCampaign's processing of personal data (as defined by European law) it receives from the EEA, the UK or Switzerland, we also comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework (together "Privacy Shield") with respect to personal data we process from the EU, the UK or Switzerland and transfer to the United States. For more information about the Privacy Shield, and to view our certification, please visit the Privacy Shield website. We remain responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield for any personal data that we share with third parties for external processing on our behalf, as described in the "Sharing of Information" section above, unless we prove we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage. If you have an inquiry regarding our adherence to the Privacy Shield, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com. We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. You may also refer your complaint free-of-charge to JAMS using this link: https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield, our designated Privacy Shield dispute resolution provider. In certain circumstances, the Privacy Shield provides the right to invoke binding arbitration to resolve complaints (see Annex I to the Privacy Shield Principles for more details).
Retaining Your Information
If you are a current ActiveCampaign client, you may update, correct or delete certain account information about you at any time by logging into your online account or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to cancel or temporarily pause your account, please email us at email@example.com and let us know what you are requesting, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from ActiveCampaign by following the instructions in those emails or by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any of our emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile push notifications/alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
1 North Dearborn Street, 5th floor
Chicago, IL 60602
For ActiveCampaign job applicants as well as current, former, and prospective clients or website visitors in the EEA, the UK, Switzerland or Brazil, the data controller for purposes of processing information about you is ActiveCampaign, LLC.
Additional Information for Residents of Certain Jurisdictions
Residents of the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom and Switzerland
If you are a resident of the EEA, the UK or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Lawful Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the EEA, the UK or Switzerland, we primarily rely on the following bases to process your personal data lawfully.
- First, it is necessary for us to process your personal data in certain ways in order to provide the Services to you, in accordance with a contract between you and us, including, our Terms of Service, available at https://www.activecampaign.com/terms-of-service/.
- Second, where you have given us valid consent to use your personal data in certain ways, we will rely on your consent. This includes situations where we will obtain your consent prior to sending you information about our products and services.
- Third, in certain cases we may process your personal data where necessary to further ActiveCampaign's legitimate interests, where those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests. This includes usage statistics, analytics and internal analysis we run to better understand how to use our platform so that we can improve our services and also provide you with better recommendations on how to get the most out of our platform and to accomplish your goals. This also includes information we process and disclose to detect, prevent, and address fraudulent and illegal activities on our Services.
- Fourth, in some cases we may process your personal data where necessary to satisfy our legal obligations. This includes records containing your personal data that we may be required to retain for a period of time or may be legally required to disclose to a government authority or third party.
Data Subject Rights Requests
If you are a resident of the EEA, the UK or Switzerland, you have the right to request access to personal data we hold and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing activities.
If you submitted personal data directly to us or in accordance with the provision of our Services and you would like to view, change, limit or delete your personal data, you can do so via your account settings or by contacting us. Upon request, we will notify you about whether we hold any of your personal data. By visiting your account settings, you can access, correct, change and delete certain of your personal data associated with your account. In certain cases where we process your personal data, you may also have a right to restrict or limit the ways in which we use your personal data. In certain circumstances, you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, to request the deletion of your personal data and to obtain a copy of your personal data in machine-readable format.
If you need assistance accessing or modifying your personal data or wish to delete your personal data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data where we process it based on your consent. You can do this at any time by opting out of commercial emails we send you by clicking on the unsubscribe links in those emails, or emailing us with your request at email@example.com, or by simply cancelling your account through your account settings and then emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to request that your personal data be deleted.
Questions or Complaints
If you are a resident of the EEA, the UK or Switzerland and have a concern about our processing of your personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see the links below:
For individuals in the EEA: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
For individuals in the UK: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.
For individuals in Switzerland: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html.
When collecting and processing your data, we adhere strictly to the data protection regulations. Below we will explain to you in detail what precautions we take to protect your data and what data we collect and for what purposes.
In particular, the Data Protection Act 2000, the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation and the Telecommunications Act 2003, as amended, serve as the legal basis. These legal provisions serve the right to protection of personal data.
- Collection and processing of personal data
All personal data is collected, processed and used in accordance with the applicable provisions on the protection of personal data primarily for the purpose of the services you have commissioned and for processing your inquiries.
How do we get your data?
Data that you provide/share with us: in principle, you do not have to provide us with any personal information directly when using our website. However, for certain services, such as our newsletter registration, you must provide us with personal data such as your full name, your e-mail address, your address, etc. in order to be able to use the respective service at all (e.g. we need your e-mail address and your name for personalization in order to send the newsletter). However, you will be informed separately about this in the respective services (see point V).
Data that you provide/share through your use of our services: in addition, we receive some data automatically and for technical reasons when you visit our website. Every time a user accesses our website and every time a file is retrieved, access data about this process is stored in the form of log files. The following data is collected:
- the website from which you access our site;
- the IP address assigned to you by your provider;
- the access date and the access time;
- the amount of data transferred;
- the name of the file or page accessed;
- Message indicating whether the retrieval was successful;
- Message indicating why a retrieval may have failed;
- if applicable, your computer's operating system and browser software.
This data is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security.
- Legal basis, storage duration and data recipients
The legal bases for the processing of your personal data are in particular
- Your consent (Art 6 para 1 lit a GDPR) (e.g. newsletter dispatch, cookies)
- Fulfillment of the contract (Art 6 para 1 lit b GDPR)
- Fulfillment of legal obligations (Art 6 para 1 lit c GDPR);
- Protection of our legitimate interest (Art 6 para 1 lit f GDPR).
We process your personal data, if necessary, for the duration of the entire business relationship or for the duration of the individual services (e.g. newsletter) as well as beyond that in accordance with the statutory retention provisions and documentation obligations or as long as our legitimate interest in retention exists to defend against any liability claims.
Within Dharma Funding Solutions GmbH, those departments and employees receive your data,
which they need to fulfill our obligations and to protect legitimate interests.
Our website uses so-called cookies. Cookies are small pieces of text information that make it possible to recognize the user and analyze your use of our websites. The information generated in this way is transferred to the provider's server and stored there. They serve to make our website more user-friendly, effective and secure. Cookies are also used to measure the frequency of page views and for general navigation. They do not cause any damage.
Some cookies remain stored on your end device until you delete them. They enable us to recognize your browser the next time you visit our website.
- Google Analytics
- Our services available online
You have the option of subscribing to a newsletter via our website. For this we need your e-mail address and your name for personalization. In addition, we require your declaration that you agree to receive the newsletter ("consent").
The data you provide will be collected and processed exclusively by Dharma Funding Solutions GmbH and will not be transmitted to other external companies.
Without prejudice to other legal bases, your data will be stored until you withdraw your consent or at the latest until the contact details become invalid.
- Consent and right of withdrawal
If your consent is required for the processing of your data, we will only process it after you have given your express consent.
In principle, we do not process data of minors and are not authorized to do so. By giving your consent, you confirm that you have reached the age of 14 or that you have the consent of your legal representative.
You can revoke your consent at any time at the following e-mail address:office[at] dharma-funding.solutions. In the event of withdrawal of consent, the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the withdrawal is not affected.
VII Data security
Your data security is our top priority. We therefore make every effort to take all necessary technical and organizational security measures to ensure the security of data processing and to process your personal data in such a way that it is protected against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss or destruction or against access by unauthorized third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technical progress.
VIII. Your rights
In principle, you have the right to information, correction, deletion, restriction, data portability, revocation and objection at any time. If you are of the opinion that the processing of your data violates data protection law or that your data protection rights have been violated in any other way, you can lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. In Austria, this is the Austrian Data Protection Authority (Wickenburggasse 8, 1080 Vienna, email: dsb[at] dsb .gv.at)
- Information and contact
You retain control over all personal data that you make available to us. On request, we will be happy to inform you in writing whether and which personal data we have stored. Here you can also request the deletion of your data stored by us, unless it is required for the processing of contractual relationships between you and us or we are obliged to store it for legal reasons or we need the data to defend against any liability claims.
Information on data processing in connection with Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Ireland Limited. If the controller responsible for data processing on this website is located outside the European Economic Area or Switzerland, Google Analytics data processing is carried out by Google LLC. Google LLC and Google Ireland Limited are hereinafter referred to as "Google".
Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files that are stored on the website visitor's computer and enable the website visitor's use of the website to be analyzed. The information generated by the cookie about the use of this website by the site visitor (including the shortened IP address) is usually transmitted to a Google server and stored there.
Google Analytics is used exclusively with the extension "_anonymizeIp()" on this website. This extension ensures anonymization of the IP address by shortening it and excludes the possibility of direct personal references. By extension, Google's IP address will be shortened beforehand within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. The IP address transmitted by the corresponding browser as part of Google Analytics is not merged with other Google data.
On behalf of the website operator, Google will use the information collected to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage to the website operator (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR). The legitimate interest in data processing lies in the optimization of this website, the analysis of the use of the website and the adaptation of the content. The interests of users are adequately protected by pseudonymization.
Google LLC. is certified in accordance with the Privacy Shield (list entry here) and guarantees an appropriate level of data protection on this basis. The data sent and linked to cookies, user identifiers (e.g. user ID) or advertising IDs are automatically deleted after 50 months. Data that has reached the end of its retention period is automatically deleted once a month.
The collection by Google Analytics can be prevented by the site visitor adjusting the cookie settings for this website. The collection and storage of the IP address and the data generated by cookies can also be objected to at any time with effect for the future. The corresponding browser plugin can be downloaded and installed at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The website visitor can prevent Google Analytics from collecting data on this website by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie is set to prevent the future collection of data when visiting this website.